Saturday 7 January 2017

Review - My Sister's Bones

Image result for my sisters bones

Kate Rafter is a successful war reporter. She's the strong one. The one who escaped Herne Bay and their father. Her sister Sally didn't. Instead, she drinks.

But when their mother dies, Kate is forced to return to the old family home. And on her first night she is woken by a terrifying scream.

What secret has Kate stumbled upon?
And is she strong enough to uncover the truth . . . and make it out alive?

A completely unputdownable story about the secrets families hide, with a twist that will knock your socks off, this thriller is the hottest debut since The Girl on the Train.

I have literally just finished this book and couldn't wait to review it. My Sister's Bones by Nuala Ellwood was breathtaking! I didn't realise how good it was until 75-80% through and then I couldn't put it down.

At 400 pages (Kindle Edition) it took me 2 days to finish reading it around the 3 little ones, but I enjoyed it, a lot! The author's style is beautiful and well crafted. The book is comprised of 3 parts, each from a different perspective, which brings a real depth to the story and the main characters. I like to feel like I know the characters and I really liked Kate, the main character. The author really drew me in and I felt emotionally involved in the story.

One point that really made me enjoy this book was the plot twist. I never saw it coming, and I almost always do! I was caught completely off guard and thrilled about it!

I felt the story line was well balanced throughout and brought to an impeccable end with full closure. I personally don't like it when an ending feels hurried and with questions left unanswered.

I have rated this book at 5 stars on Amazon and Goodreads because it truly deserves it. Go get your copy, it's well worth the read!


No comments:

Post a Comment