Tuesday 7 March 2017

Book Praise: Behind Closed Doors by Elizabeth Haynes

Behind Closed Doors (DCI Louisa Smith, #2)Behind Closed Doors by Elizabeth Haynes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth is one of my favourite authors, so I fear this review may be a little biased! However, having read the previous 5 books from her, I feel that I can confidently give Behind Closed Doors a 5 star rating.
I find Elizabeth's style incredibly easy to read and the quirky information formats, such as police reports, witness statements and internal emails add greatly to the reading experience. I also find Elizabeth's novels very unpredictable which, for me, is pretty rare. I can pretty much read between the lines of most mystery/thriller novels and work out the ending to some extent, but I have not been able to do this with any of Haynes' novels. She has previously been hailed as one of the most exciting things to hit recent crime fiction, and I have to agree. Elizabeth has firmly established herself as one to watch out for and I cannot wait to read whatever comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment