Sunday 22 October 2017

Latest read...

Thanks to Netgalley and Random House UK for the advance copy.

I was looking forward to this after reading The Bone Field a while ago, which was the first in the series. I love a good detective thriller, especially when it's on home soil, and some of the action in the first book took place in my beloved home of Wales.

I was excited to discover it would be a series, and waited eagerly for the next instalment. I am pleased to say that it didn't disappoint and only served to remind me how much I thoroughly enjoyed the first book.

The Hanged ManThe Hanged Man by Simon Kernick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the first instalment, The Bone Field and The Hanged Man has followed up brilliantly. Ray Mason has a character not unlike that of Mark Billingham's Thorne; a hard-nosed, experienced London cop who isn't afraid to bend the rules a little and it makes for exciting reading. The Hanged Man has a fantastic plot, expertly executed by Kernick and I am looking forward to more adventures with Mr Mason.

View all my reviews

Pre-order The Hanged Man today...

No comments:

Post a Comment